Fromester’s simple guide to avoiding ten of the most common computer pitfalls recently discovered by top Mac scientists in Frome.
- Don’t click on MacKeeper, MacBooster, MacDefender, Bleach My Mac, FreeVirusCheck or any adverts in web pages, emails or text messages. Do not install free/trial/DarkWeb software. Always pay for online services. Avoid using email. Do not use Facebook. Read an online service agreement from start to finish once and never again. Cover all your webcams with electrical tape if required. Hide under the table.
- Repeat 5 times.
For further information visit a library or call Fromester, leave a voicemail or send a smiley message to 07734435064
Top 5 Things You MUST do if you own any kind of Mac
- Clean regularly. Use a damp (but not wet) cloth, shutdown and remove power lead when cleaning the keyboard or around the USB ports. Don’t let water get in between the tiny gaps and don’t rub too hard.
- Back up your entire internal hard drive. This is not the same as storing your files in the cloud. Use Time Machine with an external USB hard drive twice the size of your internal drive. Don’t stop there, find out how to restore a file, folder and your complete file system.
- Print any photos you want to keep. Use Kodak photo paper or similar.
- Always use a VPN on all your devices for computer security made easy.
- Call Fromester.
Image and video possibly unrelated to post.