Fromester’s simple guide to avoiding ten of the most common computer pitfalls recently discovered by top scientists in Frome.
- Don’t click on MacKeeper, MacBooster, MacDefender, I’m Stupid OK, or any adverts in web pages or emails.
- Repeat 5 times.
For further information visit a library or call Fromester, leave a message or send a smiley to 07734435064
Top 5 Things You MUST do if you own a Mac
- Clean regularly. Use a damp (but not wet) cloth, shutdown and remove power lead when cleaning the keyboard or around the USB ports. Don’t let water get in between the tiny gaps and don’t rub too hard.
- Back up your entire internal hard drive. This is not the same as storing your files in the cloud. Use Time Machine with an external USB hard drive twice the size of your internal drive. Don’t stop there, find out how to restore a file or folder.
- Print any photos you want to keep. Use Kodak photo paper or similar.
- Always use a VPN on all your devices for computer security made easy.
- Call Fromester.
Image and video possibly unrelated to post.